- 20%-50% discounted tickets (to select shows, subject to change) at the TKTS booth in Times Square. Booth opens at 10am for matinee performances and 3pm for evening performances (check TKTS website for specific hours).
- ~$30 rush tickets are often available the day of a performances. Check a theater’s specific website for rules and regulations (ie. what ID is necessary, when to line up, etc.). Popular shows such as “Wicked” and “The Book of Mormon” hold a lottery for rush tickets.
- ~$20 are less common standing room tickets. These can be purchased about 2 hours prior to a show’s sold-out performance.
- During “Broadway Week” you can get 2-for-1 tickets to Broadway shows.
- Other discount ticket websites: Broadway Box, NY Tix, and Theater Mania – these sites also have tickets available for dance concerts/company performances such as the American Ballet Theater and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
New York City Ballet:
- $15 student-rush tickets can be purchased on the day of a performance either online or in person. These tickets are available for full-time high school and college students up to age 29.
- $15 tickets for the “fourth-ring” rows C-O of the theater.
- $15 Joyce Young VIP tickets on Wednesday nights.
New York City Center:
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) program for students – simply fill out the online application to receive periodic e-mails about discounted shows for students.
- “Fall for Dance” is a 10-day dance festival starring companies from all over the world. ALL tickets are just $10 but the festival sells out within hours.
- $10 student rush tickets. Simply present your student ID at the Box Office on 57th and 7th to purchase up to 2 discounted tickets.
Madison Square Garden & Radio City Music Hall:
- Sign-up for the MSG Insider to receive e-mails about upcoming presales and discounts.